Monday, October 02, 2006

Fix for Expandable posts on blogger in beta

I was looking for a way to make my posts expandable so that I can divide my big articles in "summary" and "read more" parts. I discovered this amazing hack to do this (here is the originag hack to do this) . I followed all the instructions as given there but things din't work for me as expected.

I got the "Read More..." link and "Summary" links in place but still my whole post was visible on the main page. Clicking on "Read More" will simply change it to "Summary" without actually doing any action on the post.

After spending a few hours loooking through the code I discovered that there is this tweaking that is required while you are following the steps given on the above mentioned link.

The code thats needs tweaking looks like this :





After modifying this should look like this :


Hope it helped :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much!!! This worked.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!